Saturday 16 May 2009

Moonwalk is here!

Well today is the day! I haven't blogged for a bit, but since I last did, I completed a 16 mile training walk and a 22 miles training walk!

The 22 miles meant I was out on the road for about 6 and a half hours, with total walking time of about 6 hours 12 mins (rest was loo stops!)

I will say the 22 miles was a bit of a challenge mentally rather than physically. I had a new ipod (my birthday pressie from Pete) but it wasn't doing things it should do - or how I thought it should, so I was having to fiddle as I walked. The weather was also grey and overcast, and I had been very luck whilst training that the weather was good before.

However, getting across the doorstep at home was brilliant, and as usual my faithfully doggies met me with a big lick and paw and my bath was running :-)

Decorating the Bra

Now this has been a bit of a journey! Walk the Walk sent me a Wonderbra this year (oh please) and a Freya bra last year, which I didn't use and stored. I decided to dye both black and see which one I may use as I felt a bit self-conscious about the Wonderbra (those who know me well, will know why!!)

One thing that has changed about modern dyes, is that they don't dye man made fabrics. Cotton, linen and viscose or mixes of. So I ended up with a rust coloured Wonderbra, and a multi-coloured Freya bra (black cups, and the rest was interesting...). I then decided to dye the Freya again with a hand dye (having used machine before..)


So here was the bra after attempt one and the kit needed to dye it. So off I went, and dyed half the bath at the same time... And the damn thing came out no different.

I had to use plastic gloves whilst handling the dye, and accidentally put it on inside out when coming back to stir it...




So basically I ended up with a black hand. Not good as I had business meeing the next day!








I then got stuck in with a needle and thread a few evening this week and sewed fur, sequins, glass buttons, ribbons and glued beads on..

Work in progress...














And finally today - glued my final beads, and here it is!!











I have also been involved in twitter quite a bit and have met some people who are also doing the full walk - Tina and Lizzie Needham are doing the half moon, so I will go into London with them.

Wish me luck! I will blog tomorrow or Monday

Claire
x

1 comment:

  1. This ia really interesting! Gosh what a lot of work you had to do to prepare!Not just the training!! Thankyou for sharing your Blog with us. Best wishes Ann XXXXX

    ReplyDelete