Friday 3 April 2009

WTW Training Diary #1

According to the Full Marathon Training plan, this week I should aim to:

Sunday: Relax and Stretch
Monday: Any other Activity
Tuesday: 4 miles (increase exertion)
Wednesday: Any other activity
Thursday: 6 miles - intervals
Friday: Relax and Stretch
Saturday: 12 miles - distance and speed.

Thanks to the recent plague of bugs going about, and the bad weather at the weekend, my actual diary looks like this:

Sunday: Godmother at Christening - followed by 3 course meal with obligatory pudding at the end.
Monday: 10 mile walk (should have done previous Saturday) Very good time. Followed by Sports Massage, Followed by pub dinner.
Tuesday: Entire day being very ill with stomach bug. Lay in bed when I could, and tried to drink water.
Wednesday: Too weak to even celebrate the 4lbs weighloss! Went to school play though and laughed my head off. (Secret Diary of Adrian Mole)
Thursday: Swept patio and had to sit down for an hour. Starting to panic over training!!

I intend to try and walk tomorrow and complete the assigned 12 miles on Sat, but it seems a long way off!

The reason I am doing the walk is mainly because my Mum had Breast Cancer 2 years ago, and some friends in their 30's have also had it.

The diary is intended to keep me going for the next few weeks! And also when I hit lower motivation, I can read back on it.

If you are a moonwalker too and want to share your experiences, feel free to post!


No comments:

Post a Comment